Station Road, Woodrow.
Station Road, Woodrow, 1980s. Woodrow derives its meaning from 'the row
near the wood'. Woodrow, one of Methley's many small communities, used
to have its own shops and was a mixture of rows and 'yards' of small
houses. The road shown here was named Station Road as it led to the
station, one of Methley's three stations. Woodrow L.M.S. Sation was
Methley North. On the right of this photo is the rear of Plumpton House,
with, beyond, a small road leading to the Royal Oak and the main
Leeds-Pontefract Road. There is a row of old houses, now modernised and
other old properties, with the white gates of the railway level crossing
in the distance.
On the left are the Council built old people's bungalows, eight of them
built 1957. Beyond are railway cottages, a row of houses built for
railway workers and their families.