Coney Moor, Lower Mickletown, 1983
Many of the houses are now privately owned but still retain some uniformity, though of course individually altered. The shop wass still in business when the photograph was taken, but closed in 2002.
Below, on the other side of the road are the council-built bungalows for old people, erected 1937, twelve altogether.
Two rear rows of Coney Moor Houses, 1983
Front of these houses, which face south over the fields to Green Lane and the plantation there. These are named Moor View as they are looking over Coney Moor. In the foreground is the children’s recreation area with swings etc.
On the left is a single storey projection – part of the Coney Moor Club, which first opened at Stocks Hill on 23rd December 1907. It later moved to Coney Moor. It closed in the 1980s and later became a motor vehicle repair garage, Coney Moor Motors.
Coney Moor houses from the path to Parlour Wood
Taken from the path to Parlour Wood at the back of Wilson Row. Shows full complex across the fields, 1983.
On the right is part of the front row and the shop, also the entry to the rear yard and, just visible, one of the rear houses. There is a full view of the second row and gable of the new houses, Coney Moor Grove, built in the 1960s and 1970s – a small new development.
On the same side as the Coney Moor houses are 2 old original cottages, the second one on the left was originally a village shop. On the opposite side of the road to Coney Moor houses, the end of the Old People’s bungalows can be seen.).
All images are available for purchase. Please quote the image reference number when ordering.