The Junction Inn, Watergate, 1960s
Commonly called the “Bush”. An old inn, shown on the 1894 map, one of three then round Watergate, the others being “The Rising Sun”, which stopped selling beer Saturday 20th December, 1913, when Charles Travis was landlord, and “The Mexboro’ Arms”, and “The Junction Inn” which now no longer continues as an inn.
The Junction Inn faced directly onto the road and had many outbuildings at the rear.
“The Watergate”, east and front, 1990
“The Viking” was purchased by new owners, extensively altered and refurbished both interior and exterior, and opened as a restaurant and inn. It had a large car park at the west side.
The Inn now forms the HQ of Jenkar Shipping.
All images are available for purchase. Please quote the image reference number when ordering.